I went to the Tri Fusion swim this morning. Boy, was I feeling that lost hour of sleep! My fault - I should have gone to bed much earlier, but my social life was calling! Anyway, the swim was awesome, as always. We did some longer sets today including a 500. It was nice to know that I could make it and still feel good since that's the distance in my first race of the season at the end of the month.
Here's Tim and I showing our "gang sign."
Jessi, Tim and I started out these swims referring to ourselves as "A1" because we did the Lane A workout, with some slight modifications. However, as time has gone on, we haven't had to modify anymore. It's a pretty big accomplishment for which we give ourselves and "A+"! After the swim, Jessi, Tim, Steve and I spent some time practicing our flip turns. Wish I had some video of this. I think I can confidently say that all of us did at least one good one. There was some blood though, seriously. Caution: swimming in a line of 4 people and trying to do consecutive flip turns like the pros can be a bit dangerous!I went for an hour 15 minute run this evening. I didn't leave until 5:30. That extra hour of daylight is so sweet! I had a really good run and felt strong. My legs were definitely feeling yesterday's workout, but I kept a really good pace and actually felt like I could move them. Big improvement from last week! While I was running, I saw a hot air balloon! When was the last time you saw one of those? I also got to watch the sun set on the river toward the end of my run. It was gorgeous! Not to mention the fact that I got to trade in my long pants for my capris as well as wear a visor instead of a fleece hat! Spring is coming...
I have to give a huge shout to my coach here. I know that she would say all she does is write my schedule and I make it happen, but, let's be serious. I would never even think about doing any of this if it wasn't for her. I am so appreciative of all of her support, tips, advice, and knowledge. It's pretty awesome to have my coach and my "person" be one in the same! Thank you so much, Jessi!
By the way, I put in almost 12 hours of training this week. WWWHHHHAAATTT???!!!!
8 comments:
Love ya, lady! It's so fun to see you get stronger and more confident... but it's true...I just give you the format - YOU are the one who does all the work. I'm glad you had great workouts this weekend. They're never all good, but the crappy ones sure make you appreciate when your body is feeling good!
You are a freakin' machine! I am so impressed with your workouts this past weekend! WAY TO GO!! You looked great in the pool and you, Jessi and Tim have totally earned your "A+" ranking :) So, when you are a pro at flip turns, will you teach me? I would LOVE to look as cool as you and Jessi do in the pool! XOXO
Sounds like you had a fun week. I especially liked your description of your evening run though. That's a perfect example why people love running, or at least I do. It's great that you were able to appreciate the sun setting and the hot air balloon (who knew they still flew those?). And not getting attacked in the ghetto of course :)
It's really nice to hear just how much Jessi inspires/motivates and helps you. I can attest to her ability to motivate and inspire, she's really good at that. Go team J-HO T-FO! okay, it's late and T-FO is the best thing i could come up that rhymes with J-HO.
WORD-
Phaedra.
ps-you guys motivate me in the pool....man you swim fast.
Hi Tiffany-
Ok..I got called an animal by one of my students...but now it is my turn after seeing your training schedule...
"YOU are an animal!!"
I am really proud of you!
Love Linda
PS Your "coach" is amazing! I love her with my whole heart!
Congrats on the great week of workouts. 12 hours of training is great. Thanks for the advice during our flip turn sessions. I think it may be a good idea to let those two beat each up while we get better:) Looking forward to the next swim. Keep up the awesome training.
Steve
Dude, 12 hours in a week??? Even though I only see you in the pool on Sundays, it is clear to everyone watching that you are smoking this winter training!! You are showing great dedication, and it WILL pay off when you get to the starting line. I can't wait to see you out racing this year...you are going to rock!
i skipped work out class last night...thanks for making me feel bad about it!!! haha...only kidding- keep up the great work Tiff!
xo,
Bubba
Tiff- please have a baby soon so I can see how to do training, work, wife and motherhood all at once. I'm still struggling to fit it all in and keep motivated. You are inspiring.
XO
Post a Comment