March 9, 2008

Running with Darci

I have been so desperate for running buddies lately! It's been kind of frustrating for me not being able to find someone who runs at my pace. I was kind of starting to feel like an "ambulance chaser." "Oh, Natalie, you have walking pneumonia? Perfect! You can run with me!" "Katey, your hip is totally screwed up? Should be about my pace!" This week I gave Darci a call and asked her if she would be interested in doing a run with me and she said yes. Darci and I have been friends since high school. She has always been very athletic, especially when it comes to running. I'm trying to convince her to get into triathlon. I think all it will take for her is watching a race. We'll see.... It was great to spend some time with her and to have a running buddy! Thanks, Lou!
I like to refer to Darci as the "Martha Stewart" of my life. True to form, she sent me out the door with a plate full of homemade chocolate chip cookies. I told her it didn't quite fit the workout theme of the day, but I was happy to take them! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal...
-time with a great friend
-a running partner
-COOKIES!

Nice job getting out there! I'm proud of you! :)

jessithompson said...

Niiiiice. Now THAT's a running partner ;)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain about running pace! But props to you for pulling out the "friend from high school" card and being creative about finding a partner :) If it makes you feel any better, you will ALWAYS be faster than me! So when YOU get walking pneumonia or a screwed up hip, I call being your running partner!! Deal!?!

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiffany!
I love this post and yes, I know the feeling of having your "pace" be different than some of the runners you train with.

It is great, and reassuring, to find someone who pushes you, yet is somewhere near where you are!

Very creative solution! You rock!
Love Linda