On Saturday, I decided I would ride some hills and I was lucky enough to rope Jake in! It was a beautiful day. A bit brisk, but the sky was blue and the sun was out. What more can you ask for? We met at my parents' house and headed out to ride the Palouse. Good lord! First of all, I'm used to riding with "mountain bike Jake." This year, he has a new bike and boy is he fast! He pretty much kicked my butt up all of those damn hills. It was awesome riding with him though because it was great motivation to push myself. We rode a half hour out and a half hour back and my legs felt like I had been riding for about 5 hours. It was really tough. It was nice to compare with my last year's self though. I wasn't huffing and puffing nearly as hard this year and I really tried to focus on pushing AND pulling which was not my strong suit last year. Here are Jake and I after our ride. It had some serious ups and downs, hence the thumbs!

Afterward, I headed out for another hour and had a nice flat(ter) ride around High Drive. Growing up on the south hill, it has always been a sign of spring for me when people are out running, biking, or walking on the bluff so it was a nice ride. At least I felt like spring was coming for one day! My 20 minute run after all of this was probably my hardest brick of the season. My legs seriously felt like lead. All I have to say is thank goodness for Recoverease. If you still aren't using this stuff, you are insane!!!!
Thanks for riding with me Jake! I look forward to many more!
6 comments:
Oh my! Tiffany...I am so FREAKIN' impressed that you did such an intense hill ride! WAY TO GO! I personally HATE hills and will avoid them at all costs. You and Jake look like you had a blast and I am proud of you for venturing out to do the hard stuff. Yet again, you inspire me! You are going to do so well this weekend! I can't wait to see it! XOXO
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!! You guys are tough as nails!
Nice work! And even better kudos to the new blue!
Great job on the hill workout. It would have been good to see you at the race but it sounds like you had your own butt-kicking workout and then adding the brick, wow. Nice job.
Woo-Hoo! Way to go girl!!
Love ya!
Goodness gracious! If one hilly ride wasn't enough, another hour on top of that?!? And then a run??? That is awesome!!! OK, so maybe you didn't show up at Workout w/ a Clock, but that makes up for it and then some!
Definitely an A+ effort :)
Timmers
Post a Comment