March 27, 2008

Catching Up


Yesterday I enjoyed a delicious meal at Twigs with my friend, Lisa. She moved in across the street from me when I was 6 years old. My mom tried to encourage me to go over and introduce myself, but I did NOT want to be friends with her. Luckily, my dog ran across the street and I ended up having no choice but to introduce myself. We were inseparable after that. Some of my favorite memories with Lisa happened in the summer. We had a daily routine. We would get up and put on our swimming suits. On top of that, we would put on our jean short overalls (so stylish!) and wait for it to warm up. While we were waiting, we would play Super Mario Brothers 3 in my basement. We actually got all the way to the end of Level 8 without warping one day (I know, you are so jealous of how cool we were!). At about noon, we would eat lunch and then spend the rest of the day in my pool where we experimented with new ways to dive, had handstand competitions, and made up pool dances choreographed to music which we filmed so I still have the proof! We would break for dinner and then hop back into the pool until our parents forced us to get out at 9:00. As you can imagine, we both had green hair by the end of each summer!

Lisa now lives in Seattle and has applied to dental schools all over the country. She has been accepted to a great school in Florida, but she really hopes to go to UW. She is #1 on the waiting list. I'm crossing my fingers so hard for her that she gets in! Although she and I have kind of gone our separate ways, I'm so happy that we still keep in touch. We have way too many fun memories not to!

5 comments:

Linda Seppa Salisbury said...

Hi Tiffany!
It's really a blessing to have childhood friends...people to share your growing up stories with! They know what you were really like...way back when!!

One of my old friends I got to know at 19 months old. We are now both 61 and have kept in touch periodically and done some fun traveling together! It's so fun to reminisce with an old buddy!!!

Hugs and loves!
Linda

jessithompson said...

I was laughing out loud at your 'routine' - so cute! It's fun to keep in touch with old friends. Glad you guys had a great time at Twigs.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiffany,I'm commenting only because you called me out for not commenting the other day. I really like the new back ground, it doesn't look like dehyrdated pee any more...and that's a good thing. I'm still trying to figure out with that white circle symbol is on the right here though...it almost looks like sonic the hedgehog rolled himself up to take a nap. I like it.

LORIE said...

First, I am liking the new look. Second, I love the story of you and your friend! LOVED IT!!! Thanks so much. It made me smile today!

Kim said...

Did you guys ever record yourself singing? That is something I used to love to do. I also have some fun pool memories like you. Friends will always have a special place in our hearts even if they aren't the people in your every day life!

LOL